Due to the type of work, some numbers and details are obscured or intentionally left as guidelines.
Zalando SE is a German multi national E-commerce company that follows a platform approach, offering fashion and lifestyle products to customers in 23 European markets.
I joined them to helping make the digital products the best expression of the brand and enable teams to execute on our customer promises, mantaining and scaling the Design System.
Building a Design System is easy. Mantaining, documenting and improving the process before execution is the real challenge.
My responsabilities include, and beyond
- Strategy and mission refinement. What problems the design system is aimed to solve
- Design System Internal Tooling. Frontyard and backyard
- Product Design support through designers via Open House. Helping and supporting design teams to validate and prioritize new design (spoiler "if important, can we reuse a component already existing rather than a creating a new one?")
- Library and Components management Pushing, Updating, Checklisting & more to ensure the tools are well refined
If you're interested in the details of this work, get in touch. 🡒
The most fulfilling part about working in the design systems is the response from people using them. Success for me means empowering people do their best with their tools, saving their some free time to do what they want while building amazing experiences.
Tracked success of templates, internal KPIs and collaboration in evolving a design system for a big company.
I learned hands-on about standardising and speeding up documentation and examples for a big company.
Zalando from April 2022 is going on a consultant hiring freeze due to the inflaction from the Russian war. Due to my interest in moving to Canada/US, and for a lack of adaptability, vulnerability and holistic vision, we brought together the end of the contract forward.
- References of people whom I work closely are Robert Kortenoeven, Stefano Contiero, Kim Does & more
- Contributions to projects not shown include Partners Experience app & web, Lounge Experience, European Marketing campaigns & more.